[half-solved] Domain not working!?

I have bought a url from name.com and am trying to have it work on my 000webhost.com free webhosting package. I tried doing a url forwarding from name.com no avail. I also tried switching the name servers on mane.com , now avail. am I missing something? i parked the doamin and it is just not detecting the name servers, nor is the forwarding working… I am lost and would love some assistance.

What is your domain name??

johnwolfe.ca bought from name.com . i updated the name servers on my account at name.com and parked the url on 000webhost account. I just didnt expect it to tke so long im just wondering if i missed something and am waiting for nothing?

Maybe try updating your nameservers at name again they don’t seem to have taken effect.

Well i gave up on using name servers its broken period. i decided to do url forwarding (masked) and it worked!!! for ten minutes. Just long enough for me to embarass my self to potential customer by mass emailing the new url… Why WHY WHY!? ive never had these issues before this is insane and im on a time crunch here.

you know whats really sad is i paid them money even though they double charged me and refuse to refund the money they pretty much stole from, and Im getting better support from the staff at a FREE hosting site then them, koodos to you shame on NAME.COM

I know Name and Namecheap take usually up to if not longer than 48 hours for their DNS to take effect properly compared to other providers :frowning:

If you need any more help we are here to advise what we can; I’d recommend ns01.000webhost.com and ns02.000webhost.com as the nameservers and parking within 000webhost.com and giving it a few hours.

Also this will help with local issues;

Sometimes your local Internet Service Provider may use outdated DNS servers, or your computer might be configured to use set ones also which might not be as up to date as the ones I’ll provide below.

Using different DNS servers should not impact your performance, if anything it will make loading sites faster and any changes to other peoples websites should reflect faster as well.

First you’ll want to navigate to your start menu, control panel then network connections.

Once open you’ll want to right click on the connection your computer uses to connect to the Internet be it ethernet wired connection or a wireless connection to your router and select properties.

Once the properties menu appears you’ll want to select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4) then select properties

Once now on the last screen you’ll want to type in 8.8.8.8 as the first one and 8.8.4.4 as your secondary DNS server.

Now close and save all changes.

Now you’ll want to do the following - find Command Prompt within your start menu else hit start, run, cmd.exe and then open it.

Once open just type ipconfig /flushdns

For more information on Google DNS https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

I hope this aids somewhat.

but i gave up on using name servers and switched to forwarding it w orked for a few minutes now just wont, and i get no response from them and the only phone they have is long distance and they want to leave me on hold, ill end up payin more for the long distance then i did for the url

What is your 000webhostapp address?

I’d submit a ticket here https://www.name.com/support-ticket issues do get resolved by them eventually, unfortunately I’ve got a few domains with them.

How did you pay them? If you paid via PayPal I’d open a dispute now.

credit card and they are ruthless with givin refunds, ive had to bang my head into metaphorically speaking everytime i need to communicate or get help

im going to retry the name servers and hope for the best

did nameservers no wait time instant fix thank you , however it does not say johnwolfe.ca in the browser address bar is there any way i can fix this?

Yes! :slight_smile:

Login to your WordPress Admin Dashboard and navigate to Settings > General section. Under General Settings section find and enter your new WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL).

Ensure JohnWolfe.ca is there instead of your 000webhostapp url.

Thank you purely based on my interactions with 000webhost staff today i will only use u guys for my paid hosting and domain purchases from this day forward. thank you so much for your help. i will be getting paid hosting with you guys in the coming weeks i assure bless you souls

1 Like

No worries, glad to hear! Happy website building :slight_smile:

sorry one more thing … ok what did i do wrong??

Ah dreaded WordPress HTTPS issue.

Your site should be accessed using HTTP not HTTPS

Please check that HTTP is within your site URL and if not then correct HTTPS to HTTP within it.

Also I’d recommend installing the plugin called Force HTTP which you can search and install for else

Both of your URL should show http://johnwolfe.ca

did that an soon as i saved i got forwarded to …

unable to access admin now